The emerging innovation culture of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County region is thriving. Having invested heavily with public and private capital to develop the physical infrastructure and entrepreneurial pipeline, community leadership wishes to speed the creation of new businesses and jobs. The challenge we face in Winston-Salem is how to do this in a way that provides equitable opportunities for all citizens and enriches the totality of the city.
For this to happen, the emerging ecosystem must build inclusive thinking and strategies into its foundation. We must support entrepreneurs from all backgrounds and create a genuinely level playing field. This involves understanding, and then, addressing the barriers faced by different people groups. It is about unleashing the potential to create a more sustainable future for all, with no entrepreneur left behind.
HUSTLE Winston-Salem originally launched as a prototype of the Inclusive Entrepreneurship cluster, a part of the EmcArts Community Innovation Lab convened by the Kenan Institute for the Arts, the Winston-Salem Foundation, and the Arts Council of WS/FC. At the end of the lab, it was determined by cluster participants that, due to the tremendous response from the community and a continuing need, the work of Hustle Winston-Salem should and would continue. In the spirit of its roots, the organization will be created for a diverse community of entrepreneurs by a diverse entrepreneurial thought-force.
- Magalie Yacinthe- Board Chairwoman, Interim Executive Director
- YES Events Strategy, Owner
- SO-IN Forsyth, Owner
- Kellie Easton- Board Vice Chairwoman
- Easton Reid Strategy Group, Partner
- Lea Metz- Board Treasurer
- Independent Nonprofit Consultant, Owner
- Toni Barnes- Board Secretary, Administrative & Marketing Manager
- Tony & Toni Productions, Owner
- VCCNC, Founder
- Allan Younger
- Small Business Center at Forsyth Technical Community College, Director
- Daryl Shaw
- Royalty Marketing, Owner
- Janet Carlson
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Organizational Training Specialist
- J. Matthew Williams
- LifeLabs Learning, Facilitator
Are you interested in helping HUSTLE work toward a more diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem? We are always interested in volunteers, interns, social media ambassadors, and mentors.
Contact us and let us know how you'd like to be a part of the HUSTLE!